Making a Napkin Scented Sachet
These lovely sachets made from our white cocktail napkins will add a delicate scent to your lingerie and wardrobe. Fill your sachet with scented potpourri or english lavender to add a breath of fresh air anywhere in the house. These also make a great gifts for bridesmaids or they can be given as bridal shower favors.
- Two of our Cocktail Napkins
- White Needle and Thread
- One packet of Potpourri (3.5in X 3.5in)
Directions How To Make A Napkin Sachet
- Iron both cocktail napkins flat. If any of your cocktail napkins are embroidered, make sure you iron the napkins under a towel to protect the embroidery.
- Piece the two cocktail napkins together with the embroidery facing out while lining up the hemstitched edges
- Hand (whip) stitch the cocktail napkins together on three sides along the hemstitch edge. Leave an opening on the top side.
- Tuck the packet of Potpourri into the cocktail napkins.
- Congratulations! You now have a wonderful scented sachet. You can change out the potpourri as often as you desire.
Directions for Making Potpourri Packet
- One sheet of unscented dryer sheet or embroidery stabilizer
- Fold the sheet in half and machine stitch 3 sides (3.5. x 3.5.)
- Trim the edges and you now have a basic bag for your potpourri
- Pour in the potpourri into the bag
- Now machine stitch the fourth side close
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas