Making An Invitation Out Of Handkerchiefs
Looking for a truly unique way to create an invitation or card? Whether it is a wedding invitation or an invitation for afternoon tea, our handkerchiefs can be easily folded to embellish any card or invitation. Choose from our extensive line of handkerchiefs to find the most appropriate handkerchief color and design to suit your occasion. Making these invitations are easy to do. We will show you what size card to buy to match our handkerchief offerings!
All of the handkerchiefs for a hankie invitation can be purchased from our handkerchiefs
- One White Lace or Embroidered Handkerchief
- For handkerchiefs under 12 inches, use a card of size 4.75in X 6.5in (A6)
- For handkerchiefs 12 inches and above, use a card of size 5.25in X 7.25in (A7)
- One Strip of 1/4in Ribbon
- One Heart Shaped Charm
Directions How To Make A Hankie Invitation
- Iron the handkerchief flat
- Place the card in the middle of the handkerchief(Figure 1).
- Fold the left and right corners of the handkerchief over the card(Figure 2-3).
- Fold the bottom and top corners of the handkerchief over the card(Figure 4-5).
- Wrap the length of ribbon around the handkerchief invitation. (Figure 6)
- Feed the ribbon through the heart shaped charm and tie a bow around the hankie invitation
- Congratulations, you've just made a handkerchief invitation!
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas