Making a Hankie Bunny
A great project to make with your kids! Cute and cuddly, these hanky bunnies are fun and easy to make and your kids will love them. There is no sewing involved and they can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Our lace handkerchiefs and white embroidered handkerchiefs are perfect handkerchiefs for this craft!
- One Lace or White Embroidered handkerchief
- Handful of cotton balls
- 12 inches of 1/4 inch thick ribbon
- 1 sewing needle
Directions How To Make A Hankie Bunny
- Iron a handkerchief flat. If your handkerchief is embroidered, make sure you iron the handkerchief over a towel to protect the embroidery. Place the cotton balls in the center of the handkerchief with the embroidery facing down.
- Fold the top of the handkerchief over the cotton balls to meet the bottom edge of the handkerchief.
- From the bottom of the handkerchief, roll the handkerchief tightly and into the cotton balls
- Fold the roll in half
- Tie the ribbon halfway up the roll
- Take the two dangling ends of the handkerchief and pull it towards the body of the hankie bunny. Tie the ribbon again. Pull the ends of the hankies out to make the ears.
- To make the bunny tail, take another cotton ball and attach it by pinning it to the bunny underneath the cotton ball.
- Congratulations, you have just made a hankie bunny!
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas