Making a Hankie Angel
A cute little ornament to hang on your holiday tree! These darling angels made from of our white lace handkerchiefs or white embroidered handkerchiefs look great as festive decorations anywhere in the house. Making a hankie angel is easy to do and requires only a minimal amount of skill.
- One Lace Handkerchief or Embroidered Handkerchief
- A Handful of cotton balls
- 10 inches of 1/4 inch thick ribbon
- 1 wooden doll head
- 1 pipe cleaner
Directions How To Make A Hankie Angel
- Iron a handkerchief flat and place the hankie with the embroidery facing down and away from you. Place the cotton balls near the bottom of the handkerchief.
- Roll the handkerchief up towards the top of the handkerchief, leaving a small corner loose.
- Turn the hankie roll over and pull both ends of the handkerchiefs towards the center and have the ends cross each other
- Tie a ribbon in the center of where the handkerchiefs ends meet. You have now created the angel wings.
- Stick the angel head (directions below) between the angel wings with the head pointing towards the front of the angel.
- Now tie the ribbon over the pipe cleaner and below the hankie head to attach the head to the angel body.
- Turn the angel around and bend the pipe cleaner up to make a U shape.
- Congratulations, you have just made a hankie angel.
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas