Making a Dream Pillow
It has been said that different fragrances and aromas can affect the way we sleep at night.
The proper mix of herbs and scents can help you relax and have pleasant dreams. These dream pillows make excellent gifts and can freshen up any room in the house.
Making a dream pillow is extremely easy to do.
Our lace handkerchiefs, white embroidered handkerchiefs or color embroidered handkerchiefs can be easily folded to create these great looking pillows with very little effort!
Directions How To Make A Hankie Dream Pillow
- Mix the lavender, rose petals and chamomile in a bowl. The amount of each ingredient may be tailored to your individual tastes. We have found that even parts of each ingredient works best.
- Fill the small canvas bag with this mixture and seal the bag closed
- Iron the handkerchief flat with the good side facing down (Figure 1)
- Center the canvas bag containing the herbs on the handkerchief
- Fold the 2 side corners of the handkerchief over the canvas bag (Figure 2 + 3)
- Fold the bottom corner of the handkerchief over the canvas bag (Figure 4)
- With the needle and thread, apply a running stitch along where the lower fold of the handkerchief meets the 2 side folds to form a pocket. In the picture above, the stitches have been applied through the lace.
- Apply a small square of adhesive-backed Velcro and apply to the tip of the envelope flap. (Figure 5)
- Apply a corresponding Velcro square to the pillow beneath the flap.
- Finally, fold the top corner of the handkerchief over the canvas bag to form an envelope flap (Figure 6)
- Optionally, you can glue a matching button near the tip of the envelope
- Tuck the dream pillow inside or underneath a bed pillow.
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas