If you are a bride looking for the perfect wedding favors, chances are you have come across these adorable wedding dress hankie bridal favors. These little miniature wedding dresses made out of handkerchiefs make wonderful keepsakes on your special wedding day and are ideal as gifts for your wedding party. Making these wedding dress hankie favors is easy to do. Any of our wedding handkerchiefs can be easily folded to create these great looking keepsakes in minutes!
Click Here And We'll Send You A Free Book Of Arts And Crafts
All of the materials for a wedding dress hankie can be purchased from our hankie craft kits page.
- One Wedding Handkerchief
- One Sheet of White Card Stock
- One Wedding Dress Template - Existing Bumblebee Linens customers may access our wedding dress template by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you may design your own.
- One Strip of 1/4in Ribbon
- One 3 inch Miniature Wire Hanger
Directions How To Make A Wedding Dress Hankie Favor
- Iron the handkerchief flat
- Fold the handkerchief diagonally in half and press the fold with an iron(Figure 1).
- Fold both corners of the handkerchief towards the bottom corner forming a diamond shape and press the fold with an iron(Figure 2-3).
- Fold the left and right corners of the handkerchief towards the middle of the handkerchief and press the fold with an iron(Figure 4-5).
- Using our wedding dress template, cut out the wedding dress top from the card stock. (Figure 6)
- Fold the template in half along the dotted line. If you haven't already done so, cut out the neckline from the hankie dress top at this time.(Figure 7)
- Flip the wedding dress template inside out making sure that the shoulders are tucked in along the dotted lines. The printed lines should be facing the inside.(Figure 8)
- Open up the wedding dress top and tape the handkerchief to the base of the dress using double sided tape. Likewise, use the tape to fasten the hanger to the dress as well. (Figure 9)
- Press both sides of the wedding dress top together. (Figure 10)
- Using the ribbon, tie a bow at waist level. Congratulations, you've just made a wedding dress handkerchief favor!