Directions How To Make A Linen Towel Bag
- Face one of the linen guest towels with the hemstitched hem on top. If desired, monogram the towel approx 2 inches from the hemstitched hem on the front of the towel.
- To create the craft pockets, fold the towel up six inches up from the bottom. Press with an iron. (Figure 1)
- Machine stitch the pockets by stitching a straight line from the crease of the towel up to the hem. You will create different pocket sizes by stitching the lines close together or far apart. (Figure 2)
- Repeat instructions 2 and 3 on the second towel.
- Now piece the two guest towels together with the pockets facing inward and the hemstitched edges matching. Now machine stitch the sides and the bottom of the towels together. (Figure 3)
- You now have made a basic bag, flip the bag inside out. (Figure 4)
- Thread the first 24 inch strip of ribbon through the first hemstitch casing, leaving the ends of the ribbon dangling equally on both sides of the towel. Repeat with the second strip of ribbon through the second casing, also leaving the ends of the ribbon dangling. (Figure 5)
- Now take the dangling ribbons from the front casing and back casing and knot the two ribbons together. Repeat on the other side of the bag. (Figure 6)
- Congratulations you are now able to fill your beautiful craft bag.