Making a Pillowcase Bag
A fashionable way to carry your belongings! These lovely hand bags made from our Embroidered Pillowcases make excellent gifts and are a great way to show off your style. Make your handbag extra special by embroidering your initials on the front of the bag!
Directions How To Make A Pillowcase Bag
- From the pillowcase closed edge, measure down .25" and remove this amount by cutting if off.(Figure 1)
- Fold the pillowcase diagonally in half and press with an iron to create a crease.(Figure 2)
- Cut along the pressed crease. You now have two pillowcase halves.(Figure 3)
- Now hem along each diagonal pillowcase edge to avoid fraying. (Figure 4)
- Rotate one of the pillowcase halves and place it inside the other pillowcase by lining it up along the bottom edge. (Figure 5)
- Now where the pillowcase case diagonal edges overlap, pin and stitch the pieces together. Repeat on the back side of the bag. (Figure 6)
- Turn the bag inside out and machine stitch the bottom edges of the pillowcase pieces together. (Figure 7)
- Turn the bag inside out.
- Tie a knot at the top of the bag. (Figure 8)
- Congratulations you are now able to use your pillowcase bag.
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas