Make your Christmas tree extra special by creating your own angel atop the tree. These pillowcase angels are fun and easy to make and your kids will love them. There is absolutely no sewing involved and they can be made in less than 30 minutes.
All of our pillowcases are perfect for this craft!
Click Here And We'll Send You A Free Book Of Arts And Crafts
- 1 Battenburg Lace Pillowcase
- 1 Lace Doily (12X18 rectangular or 14+ round/oval)
- 4 inch Styrofoam ball
- 3 gold pipe cleaners
- Decorative Embellishment (optional)
- Tall Vase- to use as a stand for your angel (optional)
- Doll Hair (optional)
Directions How To Make An Angel Out Of Pillowcases
- Place the Styrofoam ball into the lace pillowcase by the seam
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the ball to hold it into place to create the angel's head
- Gather the loose sides of the pillowcase and tie a piece of ribbon to create an arm, repeat with the other side of the pillowcase
- To create the halo, bend one of the pipe cleaners into a circle
- Attach another pipe cleaner by bending it to the circle
- Take the end of the straight pipe cleaner and wrap it upright to the back of the angel's neck
- To create the angel wings, gather the center of the lace doily and bend the third pipe cleaner around the doily tightly
- Attach the wings to the back of the angel by wrapping it also around the angel's neck
- Stick any embellishments to the front of the angel by tucking it into the angel's neck
- Embellish the angel face as desired (optional)
- Open the pillowcase and use the tall vase as a stand (optional)'
- Congratulations you have created a pillowcase angel