Making a Wedding Hankie Rose Bouquet
Create a beautiful bouquet of roses using wedding hankies! These lovely bouquets are ideal for the wedding rehearsal and you and your bridesmaids will have a blast making them together! They are easy to make and there is absolutely no sewing involved.
Our lace handkerchiefs and white embroidered handkerchiefs are perfect handkerchiefs for this craft!
- 5 wedding handkerchiefs (ideally not adorned). In these instructions, we are using a mens handkerchief.
- Floral wire
- Bouquet Holder
Directions How To Make A Hankie Rose
- Iron a hankie flat
- Fold the handkerchief in half horizontally
- Fold the handkerchief in half horizontally again
- Fold the handkerchief once more horizontally; you now have a long narrow handkerchief tube
- From approx 2 inches from the right hand side of the hankie, fold the hankie down to create a right angle
- Fold the hankie over tightly against the right angle to create the bud (I like wrinkling the narrow hankie tube from the left to create a more realistic look)
- Now twist the hankie around the bud, but looser, until the rose is the fullness you want.
- To finish the rose, wrap the base of the rose with floral wire.
- Shape the 'petals' of the rose by gently spreading out the wrapped hankie
- Wrap the exposed floral wire around the base of the rose
- Repeat steps 1-10 five times to create 5 individual rose buds
- Glue the roses into the bouquet holder
- Congratulations you have created a beautiful bridal hankie bouquet
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas