Making a Hankie Mouse
Looking for a craft that you can make with your kids? Teach them how to make these adorable little mice made out of mens handkerchiefs in minutes. Children of all ages will love these hankie mice and creating them is an activity that can be shared with the entire family.
Making a hankie mouse is easy to do and can be done in under 5 minutes.
Our mens handkerchiefs are perfect handkerchiefs for this craft!
Directions How To Make A Hankie Mouse
- Iron handkerchief flat.
- Fold the handkerchief in half along the diagonal
- With the hankie opening facing away from you, fold the right corner of the handkerchief towards the middle of the handkerchief
- With the hankie opening facing away from you, fold the left corner of the handkerchief towards the middle of the handkerchief
- Roll the handkerchief upwards until about 2 inches of the corner of the handkerchief is showing.
- Wrap one end of the roll over the other end forming a loop. Make sure that the top of the handkerchief is inside the loop as shown in figure 6.
- Wrap the top handkerchief corner over the two ends of the roll and flip the roll inside out repeatedly.
- Continue flipping the roll inside out until you have one long hankie tube with 2 handkerchief ends sticking out.
- Tie off one of the ends of the handkerchief to form the mouse's head
- Pull out the other end of the handkerchief to form the mouse's tail
- Congratulations, you have just made a hankie mouse!
Shop Materials For This Craft
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free book of crafts!
- Arts and crafts projects
- DIY tutorials
- Fun decorating ideas